This recipe is from my Sister-n-law Debbie. This is her famous Augratin potatoes she makes during the holidays and parties or family gatherings. Every time I make them I always wonder what she will say, because yes she will comment every time about how they come out. I am happy to say I have mastered and added to this recipe. Because you know cream cheese just adds that little punch.
I add 1/2 block of cream cheese to the recipe when I have it on hand. If not it still turns out delicous. You can cut this recipe in half when making for a side dish with dinner.
- 5 pounds potatoes
- 1 stick of butter unsalted
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1 onion chopped small
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 of the large box of velvetta cheese
- 3 cups of milk
- Peel potatoes, rinse and cut up into bite size cubes.
- Boil until tender. Fork will easily go into the potato.
- Spray large casserole pan with cooking spray.
- Drain potatoes and place them in a large casserole pan
- Cut up velvetta cheese into cubes-set aside
- Measure out milk -set aside
- While potatoes cook melt butter in large pot.
- Tilt pot to side and wisk in flour till smooth
- Add in onions, marjoram, pepper, salt, cheese and milk to flour mixture
- Stir constantly until soft boil.
- Pour cheese mixture over potatoes
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until warm, about 30 minutes.
Follow My Journey!
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.