I found this recipe in my big book of family recipes Mom gave us one year for Christmas. It is Granny’s recipe. I changed the yogurt to greek to add in more protein. This recipe will help you meet your macros in cabohydrates. This recipe calls for chopped apples, broccoli and walnuts. I use my Pampered Chef food chopper. The Food Chopper makes quick work of chopping veggies, cooked meat, and nuts in seconds.
- 2 apples cored and chopped
- 3 cups fresh broccoli chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup of Greek vanilla yogurt
- If making ahead of time add in 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice over apples to keeep from turning brown.
- Core and chop apples
- Chop broccoli
- Finely chop walnuts.
- Add all ingredients into a medium size bowl and mix well
Serves 4: My Fitness Pal recipe calculator for macros: 131 calories, 4.6 grams of fat, 44.6 grams of carbohydrates, 11.6 grams of protein.