This chicken recipe is from a Hungarian background. Original recipe came from Pamperd Chef. I have changed the ingredients to follow my FASTer Way To Fat Life lifestyle way of cooking. I do not acitvely sell Pampered Chef, but I am a consultant with Pampered Chef and love the products. One because I love to cook. Second because it was cheaper to sign up to be a consultant when I had to replace some products I was needing. If you want to see some of our amazing Pampered Chef products follow the links below. I am also a FASTer Way To Fat Loss health coach. This my friends is my passion. I love showing women and men how to improve their health by making simple changes with carb cycling, intermittent fasting and workouts when they are ready.
This is a one pot meal that is ready in 45 minutes.
A little education on what tempering is: Slowly adding a hot liquid to dairy or eggs is called tempering. It gradually increases the temperature to keep ingredients like the Greek yogurt in this recipe from curdling or separating.
So let’s start cooking tonight’s dinner
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) plus 1 tbsp (15 mL) paprika,
- divided ¾ tsp (4 mL) salt, divided
- 1 medium onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) coconut flour
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) red pepper flakes
- 12 oz. (350 g) gluten free egg noodles or Zucchini noodles
- 1 can (14 oz./420 g) fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups (1 L) low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup (175 mL) Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh parsley leaves
- Season the chicken thighs with 1 tsp (5 mL) of the paprika and ¼ tsp (1 mL) of the salt.
- Use the Simple Slicer on the No. 2 setting to thinly slice the onion.
- Cut off the top of the bell pepper and use the Scoop Loop® to remove the seeds and veins. Quarter the pepper, then use the Quick Slice to cut it into strips.
- Heat the oil in the Stainless Steel Nonstick Wok over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the wok and cook, undisturbed, for 3–4 minutes. Turn and cook for an additional minute
- Remove the chicken from the wok and set aside (the chicken won’t be fully cooked)
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic pressed with the Garlic Press to the wok and saute for 3–4 minutes. Add the remaining paprika, coconut flour, and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Spiral your zuchinni to turn into noodles and add (add the gluten free noodles), tomatoes with the juice, broth, and remaining salt and stir to combine. Return the chicken to the wok and cook, covered, for 12–15 minutes
- Take the wok off of the heat and remove the chicken. To temper the Greek yogurt, place it in a small bowl. Add ¼ cup (60 mL) of the paprika/coconut flour sauce to the yogurt, 1 tbsp (30 mL) at a time, until the yogurt is warm; stir to combine.
- Add the yogurt to the wok and stir to combine.
- Return the chicken to the wok and top with parsley grated