This is one of many recipes I received as a wedding present 25 years ago this October. What cracked me up when I found this and many others would be the simple notes Granny would leave at the bottom of each one. “Out of this world”, “Feeds alot”, “Never had any left with Sunday luncheon”.
The chicken spaghetti recipe is down to one note card and the second page is MIA. This recipe evolved over the many years of cooking.
- 1 whole chicken (you can get rotisserie)
- 1 Frozen Pictsweet Farms season blend (onion, bell pepper, celery)
- 1 4 oz jar of diced pimentos
- 1 12 oz package of spaghetti
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp of garlic powder (I use real garlic 3 cloves- minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste (gotta love this – never know what to add )
- 1 1/2 cans of chicken broth (you will have this if you boil your chicken – if not buy the broth)
- My Extras- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning and 1 8 ox package of cream cheese.
Put chicken in pot of water. Water will be 2 inches above chicken. Boil till done or meat thermometer reads 165 degrees at breast. When done pull chicken out of water, keep chicken broth for later. Pull meat off bone. Place in a large bowl. How to boil a chicken.
Saute frozen season blend and minced garlic in the butter.
Boil spaghetti in chicken broth per package till done.
In the bowl with the chicken add the sauted seasoned blend and garlic, pimentos, and soups and seasonings. Mix well. Keep soup cans.
Soften cream cheese in microwave. Add to chicken mixture.
When spaghetti is done, ladle spaghetti out of chicken broth and put into chicken mixture. Then ladle out chicken broth into soup cans add to chicken mixture. Mix well. You may have to add more chicken broth. You want the mixture to be very moist, but not watery.
Dump into a greased large baking dish.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until warm and bubbly. (Granny’s words).