This recipe is from my Betty Crocker Slow Cooker recipe book published in 1999. This is the simpliest, most delicious recipe I have found for cooking ribs. They are so tender and finger licking good.
We usually have coleslaw (easy from a bag with the mix in it!) and I make my sister n laws famous augratin potatoes. You can find the potaoes under side dishes.
Ingredient subsitution: Cola adds a wonderful sweetness to the ribs. I have used Pepsi, Coke or Dr. Pepper. I have also used Diet, when nothing else was in the frig. Water can also be used. When I used water I added 1/2 cup of honey.
Slow Cooker: 5-6 Qt Cook Time: Low 8-9 hours (I usually do 6 hours)
- 3 1/2 pounds of loin pork ribs (I use country style)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of cola
- 1 1/2 cups of BBQ sauce
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray
- Remove excess fat and inner skin from ribs depending on type of ribs you are cooking.
- Mix brown sugar, pepper, liquid smoke, garlic and salt.
- Rub above mixture into ribs.
- Cut into 4 inch pieces if you are using the loin back ribs.
- Layer ribs and onion in slow cooker
- Pour cola over ribs
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours (I cook for 6). until ribs are tender.
- Remove ribs from cooker. Drain liquid and discard.
- Place ribs back into cooker. Pour BBQ sauces over ribs, brushing onto all sides.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 1 hour.
1 serving: Calories 890 calories Fat 60g, Carbohydrate 32g, Protein 58G