This recipe went from the McCormick roast in a bag in the 90’s to crockpot over time. I have also started adding in extras with the McCormick pot roast seasoning.
This is a great meal to put on before church in the morning and when you come home for lunch, mmm the smell of lunch ready is amazing. It also is great for the leftovers for Monday – Beef quesadillas.
- 3-4 pound chuck roast
- 1 pkg of McCormick Pot Roast seasoning
- 1 pkg of dry brown gravy
- 1 bag of season blend (found in frozen section with veggies)
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 6 cups of potatoes and carrots cut into large chunks
- Salt and pepper to season meat
- Spray crock pot with non stick spray
- Wash and cut up potatoes and carrots
- Season meat with salt and pepper to taste place in crock pot
- Place dry gravy mix and pot roast seasoning in a 2 cup mixing bowl
- Add in chicken broth slowly and whisk till gravy mix has dissolved
- Add season blend over roast
- Add in potatoes and carrots
- Pour gravy mix over roast and vegetables .
- Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or High for 4-6
- Beef temperature with meat thermometer should read greater than 130 F for rare. Don’t worry about the 130 your roast will be falling apart tender and melting in your mouth.
- Extra- when I want bite size potaotoes and carrots I add in at the last hour before the roast finishes.