When it comes to weeknight meals I do not like cooking a big messy dinner. I’m tired of thinking and decision making, so I try to keep our meals planned out for the week and simple.
It was fish on this weeknight, so I know Kenny will be cooking when I roll in around 530pm; wrong. He’s on the tractor moving dirt. I am left to cook the fish. I d not like frying it and the sautéed fish I always dry out. I started thinking of the foil packs from the chicken and stuffing I make. Throw the fish on stuffing add broccoli and butter and bake. This will be easy.
Pinterest scrolling began. I found two recipes that I liked and decided to combine the two and create my own. As I am prepping the foil with the spinach and carrots Kenny comes in to start cooking. He began apologizing for not getting the fish started, love this man. I told him not to worry I am creating a new recipe for us. This turns to joking of “you’re ruining the redfish I caught”.
He jumps in to help prepare the fish. The secret to cooking redfish whether you fry, sauté, grill or bake is to cut the dark red line of meat out of the fillet. This recipe was a hit. It was light, fresh and very tasty. We will be doing this one again, but with more spinach. I didn’t have enough to make the full cup on each pack.
Let me know if you try it. For more motivation, recipes and adventures of life join my monthly newsletter, Facebook or Instagram. Happy cooking
- 4 fish fillets
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 carrots peeled
- 1 can of fire roasted corn
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning (Our favorite Tony Chacheres)
- 2 cups of onion and peppers sliced (Our favorite Pictsweet Farms: 3 color peppers and onion strips)
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- Lay out aluminum foil
- Add spinach and drizzle with olive oil divided among the 4 packets your are making
- Divide out the garlic and sprinkle on spinach
- Add your thinly sliced carrots
- Top with the fish fillet
- Sprinkle your seasoning on your fish
- Top with the onion and peppers
- Add corn divided equally
- Top it off with the butter divided among the foil packets.
- Close up foil securely
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
Nutrition facts from the FASTer Way To Fat Loss app:
Calories 374 , Carbohydrates 15g, Fiber 3grams, Fat 23grams, Protein 27grams
Follow My Journey!
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.