This is similar to Granny’s Corn casserole minus the cornbread. We will subsitute the corn bread for rice. You can even add in broccli for more veggies.
For the cheese whiz (so processed) I am substituting with nutrional yeast. I think I have found a great recipe at Yummly.com, I will let you know how it turns out. Wish me luck. This ain’t Granny’s cooking.
If you are wanting to learn more about nutritional yeast, like I am doing, here is an article that explains what and how to use it. Healthline is a web site I use frequently to research facts. This site is evidence based. Meaning they have done their medical research to prove facts, it’s not just someone’s opinion.
- 1 can whole kernel corn-drained
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 can hot rotel
- 1 jar cheese whiz
- 1 jar of jalapeno cheese whiz
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups of rice
- 1 package of season blend (onion, bell pepper and celery)
- Cook rice per package
- When rice is done add in cheese to allow it to melt, if you are following recipe. If you make your own dairy free cheese sauce add it in when you add in corns.
- In a large sauce pan saute chopped onion, bell peppers and celery in butter
- Remove from heat and add in corns, rotel, rice, cheese or cheese substitute. Mix well
- Place in a greased baking dish
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes