This Jambalayah recipe I found years ago from a web site that doesn’t exist anymore. I have added and changed several ingredients, so I am updating it for everyone to use. If you have been following my recipes you will see I love to use the pre cut onion, celery and bell pepper season blend by Pictsweet Farms.
This recipe is easy to throw together (mind you have all the ingredients) in a crockpot or a freezer bag and cook for later.
Since I have adopted the FASTer Way lifestyle and coach this program we carb cycle in my family. So on low carb days, I cook withou adding the rice. I usually microwave a bag of cauliflower rice. Kenny agrees with cooking the rice seperately, because the rice soaks up all the juices and it becomes dried out or “mush”. If you add enough chicken broth it doesn’t, but I chose my battles. So it works our great cooking the rice seperately for his thinking and my lifestyle.
- 2 pounds of boneless chicken thighs
- 1 pound of chapel hill sausage cut into slices (1 inch)
- 2 bags of frozen season blend by Pictsweet Farms
- 1 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 regular can of rotel original
- 3 garlic cloces crushed
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of Tony Chachere’s original creole seasoning
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregeno
- 1 pound of large devained and peeled shrimp
- 1 3/4 cup of rice (or 1 bag or success boil a bag-cut and dump when ready or boil seperately. )
- Spray slow cooker and set temp for low cooking (200 degrees)
- Dump in all ingredients to crockpot, EXCEPT shrimp and rice.
- Cook on low for 5 hours
- Add shrimp and rice turn to high or cook (350 degrees) and cook for 30 minutes
- Or cook rice per bag or box instructions.
- Serve jamabalyah over rice.
- My kids add shredded cheese to theirs.
- Fo Freezer Meal: use a gallon size freezer bag label : Cook low for 5 hours
- Dump in all ingredients EXCEPT shrimp and rice.
- Thaw out in refrigerator the night before. I always place in a bowl to thaw, the bag sometimes leaks.
- Then follow instructions above.
Follow My Journey!
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.