This recipe is not your healthiest recipe, but it is good and super easy if you buy you a rotisserie chicken. I usually back my chicken ahead of time on Sundays and have it ready for the day I cook.
Granny made this recipe for church when we had dinner on the ground. When my Aunt makes King ranch she does not layer her’s. She mixes everything together for one big mixed up casserole. You know what? It tastes the same. You just don’t have as many chips and crunch. My family, we like the cheese with the crunchy chips. This is not a great meal for a left over lunch. The chips get soggy.
- 1 fryer (whole chicken) cooked and deboned, chopped (rotisserie saves you time and money)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 package or tortilla chips
- 16 ounces grated cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can hot rotel
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 large onion chopped
- My add ins: 1 can green chilles, 1 can chicken broth, 2 cloves of crushed garlic, 1/2 package of taco seasoning
- Bake or boil your chicken. While chicken is cooking add all ingredients to large bowl, except rice, cheese and chips and mix well.
- Debone chicken when done and chop
- Add chicken to soup mixutres in bowl
- Spray a larger 9×13 baking dish or larger layer in this order
- Rice on bottom, 1/2 of chicken mixture-chips- 1 cup of cheese-rest of chicken mixture
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes
- Take out and pull aluminum foil, Add chips and rest of cheese to casserole.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes till cheese is melted and chips are lightly toasted.