Meatloaf is sometimes a favorite then some days they complain. I have tried several recipes, including the one where you add two boiled eggs to the middle of the loaf and cook. I couldn’t tell the difference of the meatloaf being more moist.
My meatloaf recipe is straight off the back of the McCormick meatloaf seasoning. I add 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, not a 1/4 cup. On days where we are carb cycling I add ground up pork rind chips. I started carb cycling when I started the FASTer Way To Fat Loss program. We carb cycle, based on our days of rest, recover and work outs.
- 2 pounds of ground turkey or lean beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 small jar of pimentos diced
- 1 package of McCormick meatloaf seasoning
- 2 eggs-slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or pork rind chips
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375
- Dice up bell pepper and onion. I use my pampered chef food chopper. Be gentle with bell pepper, they will chop quickly.
- Place meat in large mixing bowl
- Add in vegetables, breadcrumbs or pork rinds, 3/4 cup of milk, meatloaf seasoning, pimentos and eggs
- Take off your rings-LOL- and mix well with your clean hands. Or grab a strong mixing spoon and mix well. I use my hands it’s much easier.
- I used to use a 11×13 cake pan greased, but now I use a meatloaf pan. The meatloaf pan keeps the meat lifted off the juices. When it is done you lift out of pan and place on platter to serve.
- Grease baking dish. Shape meatloaf into loaf with middle being higher than edges. I shape my meatloaf to approximately 9″ long, 5″ wide and 3″ high.
- With remaining milk, pour into your hand and smooth over meatloaf to seal meat.
- Cook for 45 minutes. Pull out and cover with ketchup. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Drain grease from baking dish gently making sure meat loaf does not slide out or lift out of meat loaf pan and cut into slices to serve.
Follow My Journey!
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.