Meatloaf is sometimes a favorite then some days they complain. I have tried several recipes, including the one where you add two boiled eggs to the middle of the loaf and cook. I couldn’t tell the difference of the meatloaf being more moist.
My meatloaf recipe is straight off the back of the McCormick meatloaf seasoning. I add 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, not a 1/4 cup. On days where we are carb cycling I add ground up pork rind chips. I started carb cycling when I started the FASTer Way To Fat Loss program. We carb cycle, based on our days of rest, recover and work outs.
- 2 pounds of ground turkey or lean beef
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 small jar of pimentos diced
- 1 package of McCormick meatloaf seasoning
- 2 eggs-slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or pork rind chips
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375
- Dice up bell pepper and onion. I use my pampered chef food chopper. Be gentle with bell pepper, they will chop quickly.
- Place meat in large mixing bowl
- Add in vegetables, breadcrumbs or pork rinds, 3/4 cup of milk, meatloaf seasoning, pimentos and eggs
- Take off your rings-LOL- and mix well with your clean hands. Or grab a strong mixing spoon and mix well. I use my hands it’s much easier.
- I used to use a 11×13 cake pan greased, but now I use a meatloaf pan. The meatloaf pan keeps the meat lifted off the juices. When it is done you lift out of pan and place on platter to serve.
- Grease baking dish. Shape meatloaf into loaf with middle being higher than edges. I shape my meatloaf to approximately 9″ long, 5″ wide and 3″ high.
- With remaining milk, pour into your hand and smooth over meatloaf to seal meat.
- Cook for 45 minutes. Pull out and cover with ketchup. Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Drain grease from baking dish gently making sure meat loaf does not slide out or lift out of meat loaf pan and cut into slices to serve.