There is nothing like the taste of a buttery fluffy on the inside, with a slight crisp seared buttery pancake. Granny could make the best. She used cast iron skillets and the pancake filled your plate. She taught us how to cut our pancakes in strips one way then turn the pancake and cut them again in strips to make bite sized pieces. This allowed for the syrup to soak into each bite and not run off your plate.
Pancakes became my kids favorite when they had company spend the night. We would have colored pancakes- green, yellow, pink and blue. Pampered Chef just made your mornings easier. Add fresh ingredients, shake the bottle, and pour the batter onto a griddle. Makes enough batter for 6 or 12 pancakes at a time, and the recipe is right on the bottle! The cap doubles as a measuring spoon—no extra dishes needed!
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons of oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- stick of butter
- Optional- chocolate chips, blueberrie, protein powder
- Beat egg
- Add in remaining ingredients in the order listed and beat until smooth, add in protein powder 1 scoop, you may have to add a little more milk to get a thinner consistency.
- Heat skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to skillet let melt
- Pour in batter (about 1/4 cup) to the center of skillet. Stop when you see the size of pancake you want.
- If you are adding in blueberries or chocolate chips add them onto the top of the pancake now
- Let cook till you see bubbles start to form on-top and pancake has fluffed up.
- Flip over and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add a pat of butter to plate and place pancake on plate. Add another pat of butter on-top of pancake