This recipe is an easy meal prep and refrigrate for the week or freeze later for the month. When the kids where in school I would cook the meat and rice so it was a heat and go. This recipe is truly a quick one that can be ready in 30 monutes for the day you chose to cook it.
On low carb days I make two different batches One for me and my husband with cauliflower rice and one for my kids who still want the rice. We are doing carb cycling with the FASTer Way program , so on low carb days the carbohydrate is easily manipulated in this recipe.
- 6 bell peppers
- 2 pounds of ground turkey
- 1 package of mushrooms
- 1 bag of boil a bag rice (cauliflower steamer low carb substitute)
- Ms. Dash Table blend
- 2 gloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 slices of American cheese (optional if avoiding dairy)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash and remove inside seeds of bell peppers
- Wash mushrooms and chop up (diced)
- Get rice water ready to boil. Once water boils place bag of rice in water and boil for 10 minutes. (Follow your rice package instructions)
- Place bell peppers with opening toward botton of steamer pot
- Cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove bell peppers from pot and let cool while you prepare meat
- In a large skillet brown meat and drain
- Return meat to skillet and add in onions, garlic, carrotts and mushrooms, with seasonings.
- Saute above mixture till onions are tender. Remove from heat.
- Drain rice and add to meat mixture. Mix well.
- Place bell peppers in a casserole dish, with openings facing up, so you can fill them.
- Using a large scoop spoon meat/rice mixutre into the bell pepper shells. Fill to the top, pressing down to pack mixute in
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes remove from oven and add cheese.
- Open cheese and place ontop of each pepper cook 5 more minutes till cheese melts
If you are freezing do not add cheese. Place prepared bell peppers in a freezer container and seal. If your freezer container is not oven proof transfer to an oven safe casserole dish when you are ready to cook. Frozen bell peppers cook at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, add cheese and cook additional 5 minutes. If you thawed your peppers the night before follow the original cooking time.
If doing low carb use califlower rice instead of rice. I also add 1/2 package cream cheese to increase the fat on low carb days.
Follow My Journey!
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.