This is the easiest and best vegetable soup you will ever make. It can be done on the stove top or crock pot. You can make a small serving 4-6(cut ingredients in half) or a larger serving of 8-12+. When I cook this I never make it small. It is so good as leftovers, plus I usually have family over when I make it.
This soup can easily be made into plant based or vegetarian soup. Simply omit the meat and add in chick peas or lentils. I have found a new love for tempeh. “Tempeh is chewy and bears a nutty, earthy taste, while tofu is more neutral and tends to absorb the flavors of the foods it’s cooked with.” (Healthline: K Burkheiser, 2019)). Healthline has an evidence based article on the differences between tofu and tempeh.
I need to look for my Granny’s cornbread recipe. I have trouble cooking cornbread in a cast iron skillet, so I kinda quit trying her recipe years ago. I never could make the cornbread with the golden brown crispy edges she always seemed to get. I switched to Jiff – heaven forbid. This type of cornbread is sorta like sweet bread., not Granny’s cornbread.
Whatever cornbread you use, it’s a must with this soup. It is delicious.
- 2 pounds stew meat/beef tips
- 1 large can of V8 juice
- 1 small can of spicy V8 juice
- 1 frozen bag of Season blend onion, bell peppers, celery
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 frozen 20 ounce bag of mixed vegetables (corn, peas, carrots, green beans) You can use canned veggies- 2 of each.
- 5-7 russet potatoes washed and cubed into bite size chunks
- 1 Tbs marjoram
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Put meat and season blend into a large stock pot.
- Add in V8 juices, tomatoes, and dry seasonings
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours- simmering.
- The last hour of cooking add in your frozen vegetables and potatoes.
- Cook till potatoes are tender and pierce easily with a fork.
Serve with cornbread. Enjoy
Follow Me Journey!
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.