I posted a stuffed pepper recipe back in 2019 which we all ate and enjoyed, until now. I was scrolling through Pinterest and found a recipe that added in tomato sauce and diced tomatoes to their recipe. I had the tomatoes but no sauce. What I did have was a cup of left over spaghetti sauce. Adding in these two ingredients and handful of cheese made these stuffed peppers our favorite. It made the meat moist and packed full of flavor.
Taking short cuts I no longer steam my peppers before I bake them. You can add in water to the bottom of the pan and they steam in the oven.
- 4-6 bell peppers
- 2 pounds of ground meat (turkey, venison, beef)
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 bag of Pictsweet Season blend frozen onion, bell pepper mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup rice raw
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown meat with garlic, onion and bell pepper mix. Drain oil if any and return to pot.
- While meat is browning cut off tops of bell peppers and pull out insides.
- You can cut up tops and add to meat mixtures or place on top while cooking, your choice.
- Add in rice and remaining ingredients, except bell peppers and cheese.
- Bring to boil and simmer with lid for 15-20minutes until rice is cooked.
- Place peppers in a baking dish and preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- When rice and meat mixture is done add in cheese, mix well
- Spoon meat mixture into the bell peppers
- Bake for 15 minutes to heat up bell pepper or soften if steaming in oven.
If you want to know how to freeze these for later meals check out the original stuffed pepper recipe.
The nutrition facts are from the recipe builder using my FASTer Way app. We track macros and carb cycle in the FASTer Way. The nutrition information is an estimate. Make sure you use your own name brand ingredients to double check my estimates. I also used fresh ground venison in this recipe.
Friendly reminder, I am not a registered dietician. Just love creating recipes and sharing my love for cooking and serving others – hospitality gift..
Follow My Journey!
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.