Kenny’s cooking again, but he has the easy part. I usually prep out the shish kabobs.
The key to good venison is to soak overnight or 8 hours in salt water or milk.
Rinse meat and begin to prepare whatever dish you are cooking.
- Venison 1-1 1/2 pounds
- 12 new potatoes cut into bit size pieces
- 1 onion or pearl onions
- 1 pound of thin sliced bacon
- 2 seeded jalopenas cut into slices for flavor
- shish kabob sitcks
- olive oil
- salt pepper
- Tony Chachere’s
- Soak shish kabob sticks in water for 30 minute.
- Cut venison into bite size chuncks
- Dust meat with Tony Chacheres
- Wash new potatoes, Cut into bite size chucnks. Place in microwaveable bowl, add a little water to cover bottom of bowl and cover with saran wrap. Cut vent whole in top of saran wrap. Cook for about 4-minutes on high. They do not need to be all the way done.
- While potatoes are cooking cut bacon into thirds
- Prep onion by removing outer skins. You may use pearl onions or a whole onion. With whole onion cut in half and then half each again. You will pull apart as much onion as you want with meat.
- Remove potaoes from microwave. Dry off and coat in olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper or your choice of seasoning.
- Wrap bacon around meat and jalopena. Thread onto skewer
- Then add onino, potato and meat again. Repeat this order till ingredients are gone.
- Prepare grill per charcoal bag for medium heat.
- Grill until bacon is cooked on one side then turn to the other side.
Tips for grilling per Kenny: place aluminum foil on grill surface, spray with cooking non stick spray, cut slits into foil so bacon grease will drain. Have a bottle of water for fire flare ups.
Cheryl’s tip: Thread on more veggies to shish kabob- sliced zucchini, red bell peppers, mushrooms and even a pineapple chucnk. This keeps you from having to cook side dishes.
If you have to cook throw it in the oven- oven 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes, till bacon is done. And you get to add in all your veggies.